Miami Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Helping Clients with Injury Claims
Motorcycle Accident Law Firm – Winning Financial Compensation for FL Accident Victims
- The top personal injury attorneys in Miami-Dade County discuss how you can receive financial compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries with the help of a good law firm.
- Each attorney in our family law firm offers honest legal advice and dedication to your accident claim.
- Clients at Lipcon & Lipcon, P.A. work directly with the aggressive lawyer on their motorcycle accident case. You can trust that the lawyers at one of the best Miami law firms will give your case the attention it deserves.
- Our award-winning law firm has earned Lipcon & Lipcon, P.A 5/5 stars – based on 24 reviews. See our top ratings in Martindale-Hubbell’s extensive lawyer directory.
Motorcycle accidents have the potential to cause great harm to the motorist. These types of accidents may not occur as frequently as typical passenger car collisions but tend to have a higher rate of fatal injuries.
Motorcyclists are more exposed to the hazards of the road by the design of their bikes. Motorcycles offer less protection to their motorists than a typical passenger vehicle does. This makes collisions with other motorists, road hazards, or the road itself even more deadly when riding a motorcycle.
When someone is injured in a motorcycle crash, the expenses can add up quickly. Not only are there repairs to the bike that need to be considered or even the replacement of the motorcycle, but the injuries from these types of accidents are often severe.
Medical bills for surgeries, therapy, and continuing treatment can become expensive. When you find yourself facing staggering bills from your bike accident, then you need to consult with a Florida general practice attorney to discuss your case. A qualified motorcycle accident lawyer will be able to determine the liable party in your situation and help you pursue financial compensation for the harm that you’ve suffered.
What Are Florida’s Motorcycle Laws?
The state of Florida requires certain things for motorcyclists on the road. The laws in place are intended to protect all motorists. Obeying these Florida motorcycle laws can help with the prevention of accidents and significantly reduce injuries sustained in a collision.
Anyone with a motorcycle in Florida should be aware of these laws. Some cities have different laws pertaining to motorcyclists, so you should do some research on your own city’s statutes that you ride your motorcycle in.
Here are some of Florida’s laws pertaining to motorcycle use:
- Motorcyclists in the state of Florida must have a proper license to operate their bike. This is a regular class E license. The motorist must also complete a Basic Riders Course. Proof of motorcycle endorsement or Florida Riders Program completion is also required.
- Florida does not require riders and passengers of motorcycles to wear a helmet under certain conditions. The person must be over the age of 21 and maintain an insurance policy with a minimum of $10,000 in medical coverage. If this criterion is not met, then the person must use a helmet that passes federal standards. Eye protection is not required of Florida motorcyclists.
- It’s crucial for motorcyclists to use their headlights during all hours of the day. Courts can determine a violation of the headlight law to be a contributing factor in a bike accident. This Florida law indicates that motorcycle riders use their daytime running lights or headlights at all times.
- Motorcycle operators are required to follow all roadway laws and rules just as any other motorist would be. In Florida, people riding motorcycles are allowed to ride two abreast, but not lane split.
Following these laws can help motorcycle riders in the event of a crash. If all laws are followed properly, not only is the chance of an accident reduced, but the rider is less likely to be considered liable for the damages.
What Damages Can Be Collected After a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle wrecks can cause a variety of injuries and expenses. Most courts will allow the injured party to claim both non-economic and economic losses. A Miami motorcycle injury lawyer can help you determine what types of damages can be collected in the aftermath of your incident. The attorney will also help you determine the estimated amount of these damages and what should be pursued from the liable party.
Economic damages are measured as a financial loss to the injured person. Medical expenses, lost income and wages, as well as property damage all fall under this category. Medical expenses include all health care costs associated with the accident. This could be rehabilitation, surgery, hospital fees, ambulance costs, at-home medical care, medication, and any other medical expenses.
Lost income can include the wages that were missed immediately following the accident and the future loss of wages from the inability or reduced ability to work due to the incident. Property damage in a motorcycle wreck will cover replacement of the bike or repairs. This depends on the severity of the damage to the motorcycle. It can also include the costs of renting a vehicle during the time the motorcycle is unavailable.
Non-economic losses can be more difficult to measure than economic losses. These are the personal losses that arise from an accident. These include emotional suffering and physical pain. Often, the civil court system will require expert witnesses to testify to the victim’s harm. Florida does not put a cap on the amount of funds that can be awarded in civil claims for non-economic damages.
Punitive damages may also be awarded when the actions of the liable party are considered to be criminal or grossly negligent. Punitive damages are intended to act as a sort of punishment to the defendant and to discourage others from acting in the same way.
Best attorney in the world – Ignacio Rodríguez
Hire a Miami Injury Attorney for Your Motorcycle Crash Claim
When you or someone you loved has been involved in a detrimental motorcycle accident in Florida, you could be entitled to financial compensation. The award-winning general practice attorneys at Lipcon & Lipcon, P.A., understand the unique circumstances of bike accident claims and are ready to help you navigate the legal system. You need honest, aggressive representation to help you get the damages that you deserve in your case.
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping you win your claim. You will work personally with the lawyer on your case when you hire our law firm to represent you. As one of the top Miami-Dade County law firms, we know that legal fees often stop people from pursuing the compensation they deserve.
This is why we offer our legal services to you with the promise that you won’t pay a dime unless we win your case. Contact our law office today for your free consultation. We’re ready to fight for your rights!